Chateau de Nitray has been built at the beginning of the 16th century, around 1522. Its evolution is link to the history, indeed Aimery Lopin, mayor of Tours and then Master of the request Of Louise de Savoie, mother of François the 1st, commissioned the construction of the Château. Since the construction of the Chateau, seventeen families have succeeded each other, including the family of the General Liebert. October the 1st of 1955, the property is sold. The reserve price of the Chateau is 14 500 000 old Francs. Without buyers, the property is bought on October, 17h of 1955, by the Brebart d'Halluin family. Since 1989, Comte Hubert de l'Espinay, son-in-law of Mister and Miss d'Halluin, continued the masterpiece of his father-in-law, by developping the commercialisation of wines in bottle and by creating two others activities in order to increase incomes of the chateau : touristic activity and rent of room.
The domain owns 10 hectars, with a production of 640 hectoliters. The harvest, the bottling and the sale occur in the Chateau. The vineyard is composed by five grape varieties : Chenin, Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Cabernet, Côt.